Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Rachel Higginson's "Reckless Magic

Author: Rachel Higginson
Genre: paranormal romance



My review:

I was told by several of my friends what a great book "Reckless Magic" was. It was freaking fantastic!!! Just when I thought I had this book figured out, Rachel threw in a curve ball I never saw coming! From the first page to the last word, I was gripping my iPad  unable to tear myself away from the heart pounding excitement of  "Reckless Magic".
Rachel hits the ground running when she introduces the reader to Eden Matthews. Due to her special "abilities" Eden has been kicked out of several schools & feels like a freak & therefore keeps to herself. As a last resort, Eden's aunt enrolls her into Kingsley Preparatory a very exclusive & bewildering school. On her first day, Eden meets the handsome & elusive Kiran. The pair are immediately drawn to each other despite the danger that perpetually follows them. On a school camping trip, Eden is forced to face the reality of what she truly is when her best friend, Lily is thrown into a foreign prison for a crime she didn't commit.
Suddenly, Eden is thrust into a world she thought only existed in fairy tales. She begins a long and dangerous journey  to rescue Lily. Little does she know, Eden is putting herself in jeopardy..........now the only person that can save her is Kiran. Will he defy the one man that holds Eden's fate, or will he risk his life to protect Eden's?



THIS ladies, is Kiran (Max Irons)


Meet Eden (Selena Gomez)


Buy links:








What I thought about this book:

I wish I had more than 5 cowgirl hats to give this book!! It's an amazing roller-coaster ride that will have you screaming for more. The love story in "Reckless Magic" had me gasping in "awe" only to yell at Kiran's stubbornness a few pages later. Rachel will have you enchanted in this book & screaming for the next book when you're done!! Go take your own magical journey with "Reckless Magic" and see for yourself




*sigh*




Favorite quotes:

"You can't let him take her.  Please.....I can't lose her."
~Kiran

 
"I'am actually an elf a Christmas elf. Santa gave me some time off so that I could go to school."
 ~Eden

"After saving your life on numerous occasions, I think I at least deserve a phone call."
 ~ Kiran

 "You see Eden, you are special, very special."
 ~Amory

 "I loved him, with every breath I had, with all of my soul, I loved him."
 ~Eden

 " But who's going to protect you from the big bad wolf."
 ~Kiran

 "You are a rare and precious commodity Eden."
 ~Amory

 "We had found each other in a world torn apart by  our very existence."
~Eden

 
"Choosing to believe in God only when you are surrounded by death and destruction is to truly not know God at all."
~ Kiran

"Because Eden, I have loved you avidly from the moment I saw you and I will love you completely with all that I am until the day I die"
 ~Kiran









About my girl Rachel:

I was born and raised in Nebraska, but spent my college years traveling the world. I fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka. But I came back home to marry my high school sweetheart and now I spend my days raising our growing family. In those few spare moments I have, I am either reading or writing Young Adult Fiction, because I am obsessed with it.
Five other things I'm obsessed with right now:
1. My Kuerig Coffee Machine. Genius.
2. 90's music. Oh man, the 90's speak right to my soul.
3. Chocolate smelling body wash. Who doesn't want to walk around smelling like a bakery?
4. Colored Chapstick. And if it's Dr. Pepper Flavored, that's kind of my nirvana.
And.
5. Spotify. It's like the mixed-tape of this generation and I have probably three hundred hours of music on there. Can't get enough






Where to stalk Rachel:



 Blog




Meet some of the other characters:


Eden (of course)



Kiran *giggle* <3 this pic


 Eden's bff Lilly (Emily Browning)



Avalon (Bryan Daugherty) *sigh*

Eden's aunt ( Piper Perabo)

Amory  (Sean Connery)





Kiran's bff  Talbott, (Max Minghella)


So what do ya'll think? Ready to be enchangted by "Reckless Magic"?

No comments:

Post a Comment